Russell Harrington Cutlery Co.
Southbridge, MA Founded by John Russell as J. Russell & Co.
in 1834. When John Russell retired in 1868 and the company
incorporated, the name became John Russell Mfg. Co. The
company reorganized in 1873, changing the name again to the John Russell Cutlery Co. The final name
change took place in 1932 when the business merged with the Harrington Cutlery Co. See flatware patterns.
Simeon L. & George H. Rogers Co.
Hartford, CT c. 1900-1929 Acquired by
Wm. A. Rogers Ltd. in 1918 then by Oneida
in 1929. See flatware patterns.
Wm. A. Rogers, Ltd. (I)
Hartford, CT and New York, NY c. 1894-Present
Silverplated flatware production began in 1894.
The (R) Rogers (R) mark was first used about
1901, and the 1881 (R) Rogers (R) mark was
first used about 1910. The W.R.
Keystone mark was used for half
plate flatware and medium grade
holloware. Acquired the Niagara Silver
Co. around 1904 and S.L. & G.H. Rogers
in 1918. Wm. A. Rogers, Ltd. was
acquired by Oneida in 1929.
See flatware patterns.
Wm. Rogers Mfg. Co.
Hartford, CT 1865-1990s The eagle/Wm Rogers/star
mark was used until 1976. See flatware patterns.
Wm. A. Rogers, Ltd. (II)
Ontario, Canada Canadian
branch of Wm. A. Rogers,
began c. 1900.
H.O. Rogers Silver Co.
Taunton, MA c. 1913-1923 Founded by Harry O. Rogers.
J. Rogers & Co.
A trade name brand of Oneida.
A trademark brand of the Robeson-Rochester Corp.
J. Rogers Silver Co.
New York, NY c. 1901-1929 Acquired by Oneida.
John Russell & Co.
Greenfield, MA 1834-1865
Royal Plate Co.
Originally a trademark beginning c. 1885 of
J.W. Johnson, a wholesale silverplating company
that began in 1869. It later became a brand of the
American Silver Co. and then International Silver.
See flatware patterns.
R.S. Mfg. Co.
A trademark of the Niagara Silver Co. and later
Wm. A. Rogers. See flatware patterns.
Wm. G. Rogers Co.
Greenfield, MA 1901-1903
This company was sued by International Silver, who owned the
Wm. Rogers Mfg. Co., claiming fraudulent use of the Rogers name.
Two former Wm. Rogers Mfg. Co. employees, brothers Walter E. and J. Henry Nichols, formed the
Wm. G. Rogers Co. holding the majority of company stock. They allocated 10% of stock to William G.
Rogers, a bank clerk in New York City, and named him president of the company enabling them to use
the Wm. G. Rogers name. In 1903, International Silver was successful in their suit, proving the company
was set up to deceive the public, and the Wm. G. Rogers Co. was barred from ever using that name again,
or any name which included Wm. Rogers.