John O. Mead & Sons
Philadelphia, PA 1855-1867
Succeeded by Mead & Robbins.
Manhattan Silver Plate Co.
Brooklyn, NY 1876-1889 and Lyons, NY 1889-1905
Became part of the International Silver Co. in 1898 and continued to produce goods
until 1905 when the factory was moved to Meriden, CT.
Meriden Silver Plate Co.
Meriden, CT 1869-1960s One of the companies that joined
to form International Silver in 1898. The half circle mark to
the right was first used in 1921. See flatware patterns.
The Merwin-Wilson Silver Co.
New Milford, CT 1912-1935 Successor to Bennett-Merwin Silver Co.
Mead & Robbins
Philadelphia, PA 1868-1893 Successors to John O. Mead & Sons.
Founded by John O. Mead and Harrison Robbins. Manufacturing
operations were acquired by Sackett & Co., Ltd. in 1893. Mead & Robbins
continued in business as retailers until 1899.
Mannning, Bowman & Co.
Middletown, CT 1857-1872 and Meriden, CT 1857-c. 1975
Nickel silver and silverplated goods were made beginning
in the mid-1860s. Best known as an electrical appliance
manufacturer, they were acquired by the Bersted Mfg. Co.
in 1941 and then the McGraw-Edison Co. c. 1960.
A trade name of Wallace Silversmiths.
Meriden Britannia, Ltd.
Hamilton, ON, Canada Established in 1879. Became a part of the
International Silver Co. of Canada Ltd. c. 1912. See flatware patterns.
Merry & Pelton Silver Co.
St. Louis, MO c. 1900-1904
A trade name of Morton & Parker of Trenton, ON, Canada;
who has been in business since 1945.
Madison to Merwin
Madison to Merwin
McGlashan-Clarke Co., Ltd.
Niagara Falls, ON, Canada 1906-c. 1950
Founded by Lee McGlashan and Edward G. Clarke.
Benjamin J. Mayo
Newark, NJ 1860-1908
Marianne Silver Plate
A trade name of the National Silver Co.
Manhattan Plate Co.
New York, NY 1856-1871