John B. Scott
New York, NY c. 1820
Raleigh, NC 1806-1819
Schulz & Fischer
San Francisco, CA 1873-1888
William Schulz and Emil A. Fischer, both former
employees of Friedrich Reichel. Successors to
Schulz, Fischer & Mohrig and Fisher & Schulz. Makers of sterling flatware
and holloware. Their mark to the far right is the California State Seal.
See flatware patterns.
A.G. Schultz & Co.
Baltimore, MD 1899-1950
Successors to Schultz, Tschudy & Co. Makers of
handwrought sterling holloware.
Newport, RI c. 1947-1975
Founded by Alfredo Sciarrotta. Makers of
quality handwrought sterling holloware.
Schweitzer Silver Corp.
Brooklyn, NY 1950s-1960s
Makers of sterling holloware and novelties.
Schohay & Ludwig / Schohay, Ludwig & Co.
Philadelphia, PA 1867-1873
Began as Schohay & Ludwig in 1867 by Albert Schohay and Adolph
Ludwig. The name was changed to Schohay, Ludwig & Co. when
William H. Heilman joined he firm in 1869
Frank M. Schofield Co. / The Schofield Co.
Baltimore, MD 1903-1967
Founded by Frank M. Schofield as the Baltimore Silversmiths Mfg. Co.
Went under the name Heer-Schofield 1905-1928. The name was changed
to the Frank M. Schofield Co. in 1928 then to The Schofield Co. in 1930.
Purchased C. Klank & Sons in 1905. Purchased the dies of Jenkins &
Jenkins. Schofield was acquired by The Stieff Co. in 1967. Makers of
sterling flatware and holloware. The mark at right remains constant
throughout all of the name changes except during the Heer-Schofield
years when the B in the diamond was changed to an H as in the uppermost
picture. See flatware patterns.
Schmitz, Moore & Co.
Newark, NJ c. 1900-c. 1921
Succeeded by Moore & Hofmann.
Schroth's Gold and Silversmiths
Montville, NJ 1965-Present
Carl Schon / Carl Schon, Inc.
Carl Schon produced jewelery and small sterling items in his Baltimore
workshop 1915-1923 after having worked for Metallurgic Art Co. After
his death in 1923, Schon's business and name were bought from the estate
and incorporated in 1925. The business closed shop in 1970.
Albany, NY c. 1725
Schlechter to Scott
Gustavus A. Schlechter
Reading, PA 1889-c. 1920
Had owned several retail jewelry businesses beginning in 1872 prior to becoming
a manufacturing jeweler in 1889, specializing in fraternal jewelry and medals. Also
made novelties and souvenir spoons. Returned to retail operations c. 1920 to 1937.
William D. Scott
Louisville, KY 1841-c. 1849
Was in the partnership of Scott & Kitts 1843-1844. He took on partners
in 1848 under the name of W.D. Scott & Co. which lasted until c. 1849.
C.J. Schneider Mfg. Co.
Toledo, OH c. 1930-Present
Founded by Cale Jacob Schneider who invented the cake breaker. Best
known for making cake breakers, cheese cutters, and corn cob holders.
Manufacturing operations ceased c. 1965.
Jas. T. Scott & Co.
New York, NY 1870-1894
Founded by James T. Scott with his sons Samuel C. Scott
and James T. Scott, Jr.
James T. Scott
Philadelphia, PA 1847-1850; Wheeling, VA (now WV)
1852-1869; and New York, NY 1870-1883
Was in the partnership of James T. Scott & Co. with William H.
Hennegan 1860-1869 adding a second store in Pittsburgh, PA
under the name of Scott & Hennegan 1864-1869. Hennegan bought out Scott in 1869 and went on to form
Hennegan, Bates & Co. Scott formed Jas. T. Scott & Co. in 1870 with his sons Samuel C. Scott and
James T. Scott, Jr.. Scott died in 1883 and the business was continued by his sons until 1894.
Charles Nelson Scott
Worcester, MA 1870-1888
Joined the partnership of B. Goddard & Co. upon the death of Benjamin
Goddard in 1870; the partnership dissolved in 1876. Was in the
partnership of Scott & Stickley with Cyrus Stickley c. 1884-1885.
Schlechter to Scott