The Cellini Shops / Cellini Craft, Ltd.
Evanston, IL 1914-1978 and Skokie, IL 1957-1965
Founded by Ernest Gerlach as The Cellini Shops. As a result of the need to add a less expensive material during the depression, a line of aluminum goods was added called Argental, and a second business, Cellini Craft, was established in 1934. Cellini Craft was sold to the Randahl Co. in 1957 who moved the shop to Skokie, IL. Their patterns were sold to Reed & Barton in 1965. The Cellini Shops were sold to Randahl in 1969 and the workshop was closed. The store remained open as a retail shop until 1978.